Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Your Best Friend

There is no doubt Charlie Brown is your best friend.  You ask for him almost right when you get up and when you are going to bed.  He is your resting place when you are relaxing and your play buddy when you want to play.  He is always there for you....no matter what....no matter how tired he is (or annoyed :).  He is loyal...always happy to see you...compassionate....and so patient.  There are so many aspects about Charlie Brown that we could all learn from.  Today is his 5th birthday.

  There are many days where he is just in the background of life.  Always there, always faithful and always ready to give everyone a kiss.  His constant love and affection is often taken for granted.  Everyone that meets him says "he is so big!!"  All I can think of is that God made him that big, because he is so full of love.  He is part of the family, and your best friend.  I don't know if he will ever know how much you love him, or if you will remember your first best friend, when you are older.  But for now, we are so grateful to have him in our lives.  I think he is the first thing you truly loved (besides your dad and I :).  The saying "All Dogs go to Heaven" has to be true because he hold every positive attribute that every human being should strive to be.

Happy 5th Birthday Char, We love you.

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands.  When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat.  For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that.  ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

No comments:

Post a Comment