Saturday, January 28, 2012

Family



There is nothing more important than family. I'm guessing you will disagree with me when you are around 13 or so, but I promise you, there isn't. Today was a pretty average Saturday. It was an earlier morning (around 6:15am) you woke up, ready to take on the world. Daddy got up with you (like he usually does) to watch your daddy/daughter morning cartoons together.

Side-note- You are one lucky girl to have such an amazing daddy, but I could write about that forever!

After showers, and some coffee we headed out for breakfast at the Daisy Cupcakery for breakfast. There were other babies sitting right by us, at breakfast, and you couldn't stop smiling and saying "hi" to them. You Miss Ellie, seem to light up any room that you are in, it's like an infectious hug that you send to anyone that comes in contact with you.

After saying bye to the new friends we made, we headed to Whole Foods for grocery shopping where (even though you just ate breakfast) were excited to try the samples at the grocery store. The rest of the day was spent with the three of us just playing, snuggling, watching Blue's Clues and eating a great dinner. Pretty average day from an onlooker, but as I sit here tonight, all I can do is smile at how much fun I had, just being your mom today. I know, so corney (you better get used to it) but I so appreciate the family I have and the blessings I have been given.

The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together.
-- Erma Bombeck


No comments:

Post a Comment