Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Always be proud of your a-chomp-lishments


Ellie, I look at you know and it is the little things in life that make you soooo incredibly happy. I think it is ironic that I am writing to you in this blog about lessons in life, when really you are the one that teaches me about life every day. It has been amazing watching you discover the world, learn what is around you and see the excitement on your face when you see something for the first time.

Yesterday we were in the grocery store; I was not paying attention, looking at what kind of cracker to buy. You were in the shopping cart. All of a sudden, I hear you giggle/chew. You had reached behind and grabbed an apple, right out of the shopping cart, and started eating it...just like a big girl! I couldn't believe it! I had never shown you how to eat a whole apple like that. You smart little cookie...

That wasn't the only thing that melted my heart. As you were eating the apple, you had the biggest grin on your face. I'm so glad I was able to capture it in this picture. The grin was because you were so incredibly proud of yourself and so was I.  

Later on in life, it will be so easy to get down on yourself about things, not feeling good enough....but take the time to be proud of yourself and recognize the effort and hard work you put into even the little things. We are so proud of the little girl you are becoming...and always go get that extra bite out of life.

"Your value is the product of your thoughts. Do not miscalculate your self worth by multiplying your insecurities."

No comments:

Post a Comment