Monday, November 7, 2011

Faith


Faith is such a deep, intense, intimidating, beautiful, overwhelming topic. Your dad and I are both Christians. We became Christians later on in life, and still have to work at our faith every day.

It is not our place in this world to judge others, based on what their religious beliefs are, just as we wouldn't want anyone to judge us. The only one that can judge is God himself.

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."
Matthew 7 1-5

So this is to say that I don't expect you to become a Christian if you do not want to be. I pray that you find your own path, you search for your own answers, and seek to become content with the decisions you make. I know I would not be where I am today if I didn't believe. My faith in God has shaped and continues to shape, the person I am today.

This is a sermon that I thought was quite powerful from the church that we attend.

Most of all, I pray that you have faith in yourself, I know we always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment