Monday, September 26, 2011

I get by with a little help from my friends....


Your daddy and I are very blessed to have so many close friends. Our friends add so much joy, laughter and FUN to our lives!

Even though you are only one year old, I can see you wanting to be "friends" with other little kids. You are so outgoing and have such a zest for life...it's been amazing watching you interact with other children.

It's important to treasure your friends, and treat them with the respect that you would expect from them in return. I have found the more you invest, the more you will get out of a relationship. In addition, the little things you do for a friend really do make a difference; sending a card in the mail, picking up the phone to call someone having a bad day, or even just a hug, can make someone's day that much better. My best friend, and your Godmother Maria, embodies the word "thoughtful". She is one of the most thoughtful people I know which was one of the reasons we asked her to be your Godmother.

Close friends are so important to have, and how you treat them is equally as important. I have been so blessed to have a close group of friends. I can tell all your "aunties"almost everything, and I know they will always be there for support. I pray that you have a best friend or group of girl friends, like I have been blessed with. They make life that much sweeter.

Today you had a play-date with your new bff Soren. Who knows maybe someday he will be your prom date!

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."


No comments:

Post a Comment