Monday, October 10, 2011

Organization=Happiness


Ellie, I hope you are more organized than me. Although I continue to work on this, it is still a day to day process. There is nothing more frustrating then taring a apart the entire house trying to find something you misplaced. If you find a home for almost everything you own and put it back where it belongs...it takes the stress right out of trying to find that missing item.

Here are the top 5 things that help me feel more organized...

1. Make your bed in the morning. Having a made bed helps start your day off on the right foot.

2. Keep a calendar and a to do list close by. Also I try and keep a pen and piece of paper next to our bed because I always think of things that I have to do when I'm trying to fall asleep!

3. Once a week, clean out a junk drawer. I don't always do this, but when I do, it really does make a big difference!

4. Walk around the house/apartment with a trash bag and just pick up. It's amazing how much junk mail etc. accumulates around the house!

5. Plan ahead! Know what your calendar is and prepare for anything you have coming up. One of my pet peeves is people who procrastinate and wait until the last minute to do something. It makes everyone feel unprepared, unorganized and crabby!

I always feel an extra pep in my step after finishing a project, cleaning out a closet, or tackling that junk drawer. I know it seems like such a small thing...but it really does make me happier when I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment