Tuesday, October 18, 2011

There's a lot to learn from Sesame Street...



"Can you tell me how to get"....everyone knows the ending of that phrase :) Sesame Street is a staple in my childhood, along with most others. It is pretty amazing to think back to my childhood, and remember watching Sesame Street and now to see you, Ellie, jump up and down when you hear the opening song, makes me smile ear to ear.

There are so many life lessons one could learn from watching the show. Today's topic, Including Others, I thought was so important I wanted to write about it.

Growing up can be tough. Especially, when you are discovering who you are, and how exactly you fit into this world. Kids can, and will be mean. I pray that you are NEVER one of those kids. I truly believe that if every child felt accepted and included, this world would be a much less violent place to live. The scars that bullying does to a child often sticks with that child their whole life.

I wish I could go back and invite the kids that were sitting by themselves at the lunch table to come sit with me, but I can't. I can only pass that suggestion on to you. I hope that you always include everyone. Remember Matthew 7:12 Treat Others How You Would Want to Be Treated. That means including those that may not look or act like you, but those are the people you will probably learn the most from.

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets (Matthew 7:12).




No comments:

Post a Comment