Monday, October 10, 2011

Just Be You


These three words could pretty much sum up this blog post. It seems like such a simple thing to say, but for many people (including me), it can be really difficult at times. There are so many mean kids today (and even moms!) that judge kids for who they are, what they wear and what their interests are. This judgement is often detrimental to the development of a child's self esteem and self worth.

When I was pregnant, with you, your dad and I would say "we just can't wait to meet you and meet who you are!" It has been such an amazing year, getting to know who you are, your likes, dislikes, and what makes you smile. I don't want you to grow up yet, but I am looking forward to someday having a conversation with you, about who you are and what makes you tick. I'm sure there will be things that you do, or wear, that I may not approve of; hopefully I will be able to guide you with some of the choices you make. However, in the end, I pray that you are always comfortable in your own skin and will Just Be You.

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. ~Judy Garland

1 comment: