Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes...


I haven't always set goals. I heard growing up, how important it was to set them. I thought it was a tedious thing to do, that didn't really make a difference. As I have gotten older, my opinion with goal setting has changed.

I have found, when I write out or even draw out my goals, I become more organized with my thoughts, and that gives me strength, and foresight to set objectives to achieve, what it is I really want to achieve.

As you get a little older, I want to pass down something that I learned from a former professor of mine, and that I used when I taught as well. It is called a Dream Board. You map out, on a poster board, all you wishes and dreams that you have for yourself. It can be short term to long term goals/dreams that you have.

I truly think we are in Madison today, because of what I was able to map out on a dream board that I created. I realized while creating it, that my passion truly is working with young women.

Anything is possible. Anything is achievable, if you put your mind to it, and work hard. With the team I am coaching right now...they are starting to believe in themselves...little by little I see it. They are starting to see that they can achieve their goals as well....the sky is the limit when you let yourself believe.

I know you will have big dreams and aspirations, set your goals high and figure out how to get there. We will support you the whole way.

I think your next big goal Ellie should be to say "I Love You" :)

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment